Apply for a Library Card
Ways to Apply
Apply in person at the library, or apply online.
Proof of Address & Valid ID
Every patron requesting a library card must present the following:
- Current, valid Massachusetts Driver’s license or Massachusetts State Identification Card with current address.
- One document from Section 1 AND one document from Section 2 below.
Section 1. Proof of identification –current or expired (i.e. driver’s license, passport, school ID)
- Alien Resident Card
- Government issued cards, such as Military ID
- State issued photo ID including welfare, Medicaid or FID card
- University or school ID
Section 2. Proof of current local address* (must include applicant’s name)
- Utility bill or tax bill (dated within the last 60 days), an eBill can also be accepted
- Imprinted bank check or deposit slip
- Official school schedule with applicant’s name and address typed on it
- Official letter verifying residency and mailing address dated within last 30 days from a social service provider, temporary employer that provides housing, or a short-term residence
- Postcard mailed to applicant from the library
*a Post Office Box or business address is not sufficient – a current residential address is required.