Virtual Teen Room
Books & More
- Our Themed Booklists for You!
- Teen Fiction
- Comics & Graphic Novels
- Hoopla – books, audio, movies, TV, and more!
- 450 Free manga releases to read online
- 19 Free Webcomics
- Teen Book Cloud – free through August 31 from TumbleBooks
- Free Movies Online
- YA Author Jacqueline West reads excerpts from her books
- Neurodiverse Books
- New York Times Mini Crossword
- National Emergency Library: No waitlist for 1.4 million scanned books
- Open Library: Lots of downloadable scans of books available for checkout
- 20 Great Podcasts for Teens
- Aiden Tyler, Quaran-teen – a webcast serial by author Rex Ogle
- Harry Potter: A History of Magic – Explore the wonders of the British Library exhibition
- Hogwarts Digital Escape Room
Music & Theater
- Live Virtual Concerts – updated daily
- Filmed on Stage: PBS presents Broadway
- High school theatre performances from canceled spring shows – add your own!
- Learn how to play ukelele, guitar, bass guitar, or piano!
- Nightly Opera Streams
- Moog and Korg Synth apps for free!
- National Theatre – streaming plays every week; this week -Frankenstein starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Jonny Lee Miller switching roles as the doctor and the creature!
- Library Databases: For anyone doing a research project for school from home
- Gale In Context: High School– Supports student papers, projects, and presentations (password: open)
- Gale In Context: College – Interdisciplinary content (password: open)
- Teen Nonfiction Books
- Hour of Code Activities
- Khan Academy
- Virtual Science Cafes – chat with a University of Maine scientist and learn about their work and research
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Rock Hall EDU
- Go to Mars and click around its mapped surface, thanks to NASA’s Curiosity Rover
- Smithsonian Online Tools
- 19 Immersive Museum Exhibits You Can Visit From Your Couch
- Museum of Science Virtual Events
- New England Aquarium Virtual Visit
- #zootoyou – virtual content and activities from zoos around the world
- CollegeBoard AP Test Updates
- 18 College Virtual Tours
- Care for Your Coronavirus Anxiety
- Coloring Sheets from 113 Museums
- Coping with Stress & Fear from COVID-19
- Emotional Health & Well-Being Resources and Tips
- Meditations, Sleep Stories, Music, & More
- Free Meditation & Relaxation Resources
- YMCA360 – Online exercise, fitness, wellbeing, and youth sports classes
- LiveLoveParty – YouTube channel with dance videos!
- The Fitness Marshall – YouTube Channel with fun workouts
- UMASS Amherst Du Bois Library Live Falcon Cam!
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Cams!
- Other Live Nature Cams
- John Krasinski’s Some Good News (SGN) YouTube Channel
- Kelly Yang Teen Writing Class – YA author (Parachutes, Front Desk) is offering short (approximately ½ hour) YouTube writing lessons
- Keeping a Notebook by Amy Ludwig VanDerwater
- Writing Prompts from The New York Times
- Writing Workshops with author Kate DiCamillo
- #stayhomewrimo – physical, mental, creative, and social well-being prompts for every day of the week
- Teen Author Bootcamp – FREE webinars on the art & craft of writing, presented by your favorite YA authors