Building Re-Opening Information
The Medfield Public Library is excited to announce a Partial Re-Opening of the library building to the public on Thursday, September 10! To ensure the safety of our community and staff, things will look a little different. The first floor of the library building will be open for four hours a day, five days a week. We will also be offering a contactless hold pickup option five days a week. For any and all questions, we will be available by phone Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 10 am – 6 pm and Saturday, 10 am – 5 pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our New Schedule
Partially Open to the Public
|Monday||10 am – 2 pm|
|Tuesday||2 pm – 6 pm|
|Thursday||2 pm – 6 pm|
|Friday||10 am – 2 pm|
|Saturday||10 am – 2 pm|
Contactless Pickup Times
|Monday||3 – 6 pm|
|Tuesday||11 am – 2 pm|
|Thursday||11 am – 2 pm|
|Friday||3 – 6 pm|
|Saturday||3 – 5 pm|
What Is a Partial Re-Opening?
Health & Safety
- Only the first floor of the library will be open
- Only 12 members of the public will be allowed in the library building at a time
- Visits are limited to 30 minutes at a time
- A mask covering your nose and mouth will be required
- You are asked to maintain a physical distance of six feet or greater between all staff and other members of the public
- You must bring your library card to check out items using our self-checkout station
- Tip: If you have loaded your card into your Minuteman App or have taken a picture of your library card on your phone, that will also work!
- Browsing Materials
- Displays of items from other floors have been set up to browse on the first floor
- You can talk to librarians specializing in children’s, teen, and adult items and we can grab specific items for you from other floors or make recommendations
- You can check out all of your holds without an appointment
- Technology Access
- There are two computer stations that have been moved to the first floor
- Printing, faxing, scanning and copying will be available, but it will not be self-service, please ask the librarian at the circulation desk for help getting started
Contactless Hold Pickup
- We will continue to have many appointments available for you to pick up your holds without having to come into the library building
- Once you make an appointment, all of your items currently available for you will be checked out to you, bagged, labeled with your name and placed on a cart in front of the front doors of the library
- Stop by any time during your appointment window to pick them up!
Upcoming Contactless Pickup Times
Beginning Monday, October 5, we will be using the Minuteman Library Network service for our contactless sign ups. Schedule a Contactless Pick up here or by giving us a call at 508-359-4544.
We are limiting our open hours to start in order to give us time to make adjustments to this new procedure as needed. We will be expanding our hours once we feel ready to do so. We will continue to be available by phone Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 10 am – 6 pm and Saturday, 10 am – 5 pm. All library programs will continue to be virtual. There will be no fines for the rest of 2020.