Apply for a Library Card
Ways to Apply
Apply in person at the library, or apply online.
Download and print the application form to fill out before you come in here.
Proof of Address & Valid ID
Every patron requesting a library card must present the following:
- Current, valid Massachusetts Driver’s license or Massachusetts State Identification Card with current address.
- One document from Section 1 AND one document from Section 2 below.
Section 1. Proof of identification –current or expired (i.e. driver’s license, passport, school ID)
- Alien Resident Card
- Government issued cards, such as Military ID
- State issued photo ID including welfare, Medicaid or FID card
- University or school ID
Section 2. Proof of current local address* (must include applicant’s name)
- Utility bill or tax bill (dated within the last 60 days), an eBill can also be accepted
- Imprinted bank check or deposit slip
- Official school schedule with applicant’s name and address typed on it
- Official letter verifying residency and mailing address dated within last 30 days from a social service provider, temporary employer that provides housing, or a short-term residence
- Postcard mailed to applicant from the library
*a Post Office Box or business address is not sufficient – a current residential address is required.