Teen Events and Programs at the Medfield Public Library
For a full list of the library’s events and programs, check our calendar HERE
(switch from “All Events” to “Teens” in drop down menu for just the Teen Events)
All events are FREE thanks to the Friends of the Medfield Public Library and take place at the Library unless otherwise noted.
WELCOME TO DEADFIELD
What’s lurking in the Haunted Forests of Deadfield?….Find out at the library’s Annual Haunted House event put on by our Teen Advisory Board and sponsored by the Friends of the Medfield Public Library!
Due to safety precautions, registration and masks will be required. There will be 10 minute slots with a max of 8 people; register on Eventbrite here. Don’t worry, this event is still FREE!
Not recommended for ages 7 and under; discretion advised. (There will be a children’s Halloween party next Saturday!)
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 16TH 7-10PM
PLEASE BRING TICKETS WITH YOU TO THIS EVENT
ON THE ROAD TO DRIVING
A FREE online program for students in 7th-12th grade (and their parents!)
Presented by Parkway Driving School (Walpole)
- What is Driver Education?
- What is the Process for Obtaining a Permit?
- How Do I Obtain My Junior Operator License?
- How Do I Pass My Road Test?
- What Are the Rules for Licensed Drivers Under 18?
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 28TH @6PM
4-H BABYSITTING BASICS
Would you like to learn babysitting skills?
If you are 11-18 years old, attend our 4-H Babysitters course. Participants will come to understand the responsibilities of babysitting and learn the skills needed to become good babysitters. The course will help develop confidence in handling situations that may occur when babysitting. Upon completion of this course, youth will receive a Babysitter’s ID and a certificate of completion. This course is FREE thanks to the Friends of the Medfield Public Library!
This course will:
- prepare you to become capable, caring, and responsible babysitters
- teach babysitting safety and how to handle different situations while babysitting
- provide a 4-H Babysitting Manual and other babysitting supplies
- provide a babysitter’s ID card and certificate upon completion
OPEN TO AGES 11-18. YOU MUST ATTEND ALL SESSIONS. REGISTER BY 11/1.